Livebookings Holdings Limited, with its registered address at 5th Floor, Elizabeth House, 39 York Road, London, SE1 7NQ +44 (0)20 7199 4300 (“us” “we” or “our” for short) is committed to protecting the privacy of users of our website at www.bookatable.com (the “Website”).
- We typically collect two types of information about you: (i) information that you provide that personally identifies you (such as your name, email address or contact details); and (ii) information that does not identify you, but which is relevant to your use of the Website (such as the pages visited on our Website and the dates and times of your visit).
- We use this information to make the Website available to you, remember your preferences, facilitate restaurant bookings, conduct promotions or prize draws that you have entered, monitor traffic on and performance of our Website, and to contact you with information about our services and those of our business partners (where you have given us your consent to do so).
- If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information that we collect about you falls into two categories, (together, the “Information”):
- personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, age and email address that you provide us with when you make a reservation or when you send us an email; and
- website use information – our Website utilises a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What are Cookies?”) and web server logs to collect information about how our Website is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Website, and the websites visited just before and just after our Website. Our Website also uses the IP address of your computer to recognise your geographic location, so that we can provide localised content and language to you.
We use your Information for the purposes of:
- making the Website available to you by recognising the IP address of your computer and any preferences you may have indicated on earlier visits;
- facilitating restaurant bookings that you wish to make using the Websites, by passing your personal details on to the relevant restaurants;
- conducting promotions or prize draws that you have entered using the Website;
- monitoring visitor traffic on our Website and conducting analysis on the performance of our Website so that we can improve user experience; and
- contacting you with information about our services which we think might be of interest to you, and sharing your information with select business partners so that they may also get in touch with you, and those of our business partners. Please note that this will only be done if you have ‘opted in’ to receive email communication at the point of registration or when making a booking. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by clicking on the ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ link in those emails, or by emailing us at email@example.com stating ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ in the subject field.
In order to comply with new rules, we use a system of classifying the different types of cookies which we use on the Website, or which may be dropped by third parties through our websites. The classification was developed by the International Chamber of Commerce UK and explains more about which cookies we use, why we use them, and the functionality you will lose if you decide you don't want to have them on your device. What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device.
Persistent cookies remain on a user's device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. Cookies used on the Website
A list of all the cookies used on the Website by category is set out below.
Strictly necessary cookies - these enable services you have specifically asked for. For those types of cookies that are strictly necessary, no consent is required.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like restaurant booking, cannot be provided. Performance cookies - these collect anonymous information on the pages visited. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Website works. Functionality cookies - these remember choices you make to improve your experience. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
These cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. Targeting or advertising cookies - these collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation. Behavioural advertising and online privacy - A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at www.youronlinechoices.eu. The guide contains an explanation of the IAB's self-regulatory scheme to allow you greater control of the advertising you see. Using browser settings to manage cookies - The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can also disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Disclosing your information
We will never disclose your information to anyone outside Livebookings Holdings Limited except where we have your consent; where we are required or permitted to do so by law; to other companies who provide a service to us; or any successors in title to our business.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that appropriate security measures are taken.
The Website may contain links to other sites which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. The operators of these sites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their policy, which may differ from ours.
Accessing your information
To obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, write to: Data Protection Officer, Livebookings Holdings Limited, 39 York Road, London, SE1 7NQ enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to "Livebookings Holdings Limited". Please include your details to help us identify and locate your information. If any of the details are incorrect, let us know and we will amend them.
Changes to our policy
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of June 2012. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time.
If you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.