Livebookings Holdings Limited, with its registered address at 5th Floor, Elizabeth House, 39 York Road, London, SE1 7NQ +44 (0)20 7199 4300 (“us” “we” or “our” for short) is committed to protecting the privacy of users of our website at www.bookatable.com (the “Website”).
- We typically collect two types of information about you: (i) information that you provide that personally identifies you (such as your name, email address or contact details); and (ii) information that does not identify you, but which is relevant to your use of the Website (such as the pages visited on our Website and the dates and times of your visit).
- We use this information to make the Website available to you, remember your preferences, facilitate restaurant bookings, conduct promotions or prize draws that you have entered, monitor traffic on and performance of our Website, and to contact you with information about our services and those of our business partners (where you have given us your consent to do so).
- If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you can email us at email@example.com.
The information that we collect about you falls into two categories, (together, the “Information”):
- personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, age and email address that you provide us with when you register or when you send us an email (“Personal Information”); and
- website use information – our Website utilises a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What are Cookies?”) and web server logs to collect information about how our Website is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Website, and the websites visited just before and just after our Website. Our Website also uses the IP address of your computer to recognise your geographic location, so that we can provide localised content and language to you (“Website Use Information”).
We use your Information for the purposes of:
What Are Cookies?
- making the Website available to you by recognising the IP address of your computer and any preferences you may have indicated on earlier visits;
- facilitating restaurant bookings that you wish to make using the Websites, by passing your personal details on to the relevant restaurants;
- conducting promotions or prize draws that you have entered using the Website;
- monitoring visitor traffic on our Website and conducting analysis on the performance of our Website so that we can improve user experience; and
- contacting you with information about our services which we think might be of interest to you, and sharing your information with select business partners so that they may also get in touch with you, and those of our business partners. Please note that this will only be done if you have ‘opted in’ to receive email communication at the point of registration or when making a booking. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by clicking on the ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ link in those emails, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ in the subject field.
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. You may refuse to accept cookies by changing the setting on your browser so that it will not accept cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain current or future parts of our Website. For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org. How Do We Use Website Use Information?
We may share your Information with our third party business partners for the purposes of fulfilling services you request (such as passing on your details to restaurants with whom you wish to make a booking) or for operating and maintaining our Website.
We may also disclose your Information to third parties where we are required to do so by law, or where it is necessary for the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights. Finally, if our company or our assets are acquired by another company, then your Information may be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired. Protecting Your Information How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
We are permitted under English law to charge a small fee to meet the administrative costs associated with meeting such requests. What About Other Websites Linked to Our Website?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access. Further Information